Topic: avatars in the forums, log-in problems, smilies

1)  It would be nice for the avatars to also show in the forums. I've run that suggestion past the coding team, and see what they come up with.
2)   The way it works now is that as you register for the site, you are automatically also registered onto the forums.
Occasionally, I have had a "you're not logged on" warning, when moving from the writing section to the forum section.
I logged out, and then back in, and the problem went away.
3) smilies
I imported just a few, so I could figure out how to do it. Now it's all labor. I just need to get up and go and make time and DO it!

Re: avatars in the forums, log-in problems, smilies

Okay, avatars also work in the forums now....!

I would like to add also a gallery where you can post or see a series of stories, songs or poem and picture.

I think it would be better to add that so that many people will attract to join and register in oour forum.

Also add some new and unique smilies. the smilies are too few.

it should have a lot of smilies for the people to choice.

Ok.
1) The Smilies. Agreed. That is one of those long overdue projects I need to address, but I keep putting it off as other stuff comes along and bops me on the nose. But you are right, that's for sure.

2) Now, the gallery.
I'm not sure quite what you mean. We do have a SERIES function, and you can see that for instance if you go to www.tunaboathelicopters.org (a cyberportal into this site) and click on, say, any of the "Blip on the Radar" stories. If you look left, you will see a whole long list of the other chapters. And all of them are "clickable". Is that what you mean?
Also, in the help section, we tell you how to make a series.

3) I have been wondering about the opening page. I'm thinking of a re-design, or a page before the opening page.

Francis

PS: Oh! Hang on. Brain Fart. I think you mean right here in the forum, right? Ah. Hadn't quite thought of that. I think I get it now.

Either way, it needs to be more user friendly.  Hmmm...... That makes sense.

Well, I kind of think we did work on that when we built the "story guide". Here's a link to mine.

http://www.writersharbor.org/wsg.php?uid=818

Is that what you mean?  You get there by clicking on any writer's name, then hit "view all works".

??

Francis

Oh, and I should have added that the "Story guide" is abbreviated, so people have the option to click on the full guide or not.
The hyperlinks work from the Story Guide. I have not posted any photos there, but I think you can.
So I THINK..... (scratches head) that takes care of your question. So from the forum here, you can post a link if you wish to your Story Guide. Just like I did above.

Make sense? Or am I missing the point? (this happens a lot, believe me...)

You had me going there. But yes, you can post photos in your story guide.
Go to "account"
Go to "edit profile details"

scroll down to story guide

and all the usual controls are there, including the ability to insert photos.

Francis

Hmmm......
The "Story Guide" gallery can be anything you like I guess. Mine is a bit Spartan. Read: ugly. But there is no length limit that I'm aware, so you can do anything you like with it.

Francis